Annual Meeting Photography Contest
Contest open! Click here to enter!
Science isn't just found in the laboratory and classroom. It can also exist in art and photographs. What inspires you in a farm landscape, in a wetland or forest, in a plant you’re studying or a soil you’ve just unearthed? Display your vision by entering the 3rd Annual Photo Contest!
Winning photos will be displayed at our Phoenix Annual Meeting, and all submissions could be used for CSA News, Soil Horizons, Crops & Soils, websites, social media, and education purposes.
The themes for the photo contest are each Society’s tag lines:
ASA: Agronomy Feeds the World
CSSA: Plant Science for a Better World
SSSA: Soils Sustain Life
All members are eligible, including undergraduate and graduate students.
Prizes: Each Society will choose a 1st place winner who will receive $100.Three 2nd place winners will receive $50, and three 3rd place winners will receive $25.
1) Is there a limit on how many photos a member can submit? You can submit up to four photos. However, only members can submit (lab staff, etc., are not included). Please note that only the photographer him or herself has the legal right to submit the photo.
2) Is there a limit on how old the picture is? What if the photo was taken a couple years ago? No worries--if it portrays the tag line, it’ll be a good entry!!
3) Must the member be present at the Annual Meeting if submitting a photo or winning the contest? No.
4) When will contest winners be notified? By Dec. 15, 2016, using the email provided with submission.
5) How are photos judged? The first round of judging is entirely based on how well the written statement demonstrates the Society's tag line. The next rounds of juding consider the artistic merits of the photo.
Good luck, and let the photographing begin! Click here to enter!