2015 Abstract Dates & Deadlines
Abstracts open: March 17, 2015
Early abstract deadline: June 2, 5:00 PM ET
Final abstract deadline: June 16, 5:00 PM ET
Program published online: Last week in July
Abstract editing deadline: Sept. 1, 5:00 PM ET
Preliminary Program will be available in early March.
Nonrefundable abstract fees for:
|March 17– June 2
||June 2– June 16
Professional members and all non-members
Graduate and undergraduate student members*
*You must be a student member of the Societies.
Student Advisors: Your student must submit their own abstract. The student must be signed in as themself in order to receive the discounted student abstract rate.
Important to know before beginning an abstract submission:
- If your fee is not correct, please email Cassie McKay at the Headquarters office before making payment.
- You must be a member of CSSA to submit to a CSSA division. You must be a member of at least one of the Societies to receive the student abstract rate.
- Abstracts should be 300 words in length or less.
- Use the printable receipt option in Step #4. Print this receipt and retain for your records. Abstract receipts can also be found in your membership account.
- Credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) is required by the abstract deadline or your paper will not be considered for the meeting. Abstract fees are nonrefundable.
- The abstract fee does not register you for the Annual Meeting. View 2015 registration rates
Browse the 2014 Online Program.
Use the personal scheduler to plan which sessions you'd like to attend at the Annual Meeting.
PowerPoints must now be uploaded the day before your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room or the day of your presentation on the computer in your meeting room.
Poster Presentations can be uploaded online anytime until Nov. 18. This is not required, but is useful as it will create an online record of your poster.
Forgot your ID/password? Request a reminder.
Sept. 1 is the abstract editing deadline for the printed program book and abstract CD. However, you can still make changes to your title, authors, and abstract text which will be reflected in the online program, annual meeting app, and the program addendum.
Resume an Abstract Submission*
*Please note that the abstract system and membership system are connected so you will need to sign on before you are able to edit your abstract.
Forgot your abstract ID/password?
Request a reminder
ASA and CSSA will display posters on a half-size poster board (no larger than 44.5" x 44.5") for one day. SSSA will display posters on a half-size poster board for three days.
All presenters will present for a two hour period on one day. A poster board number will be placed in the upper left corner of the board on a 4½" x 3" card. The poster boards are Velcro friendly. Please bring your own Velcro.
Day Set-up Time* Display time Removal Time
Monday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–6:00 pm 6:00–7:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–6:00 pm 6:00–7:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–4:30 pm 4:30–5:30 pm
*Note: posters cannot be set up the previous night.
Look for ASA Community, ASA Section, and CSSA & SSSA Division posters all week near the entrance of the Exhibit Hall to learn more about their activities.
Poster Printing Discounts Available -- 15% Off An Already Low Price
OmniPress will offer a discounted rate on printing. Follow these easy steps:
- Visit http://www.omniposters.com/42-posters/
- Select the poster size 42" x 44" and upload your file.
- Enter the discount code: ACS57299
- Your poster will be shipped to you to bring to the Annual Meeting.
Society Logos for Presentations
ASA, CSSA , and SSSA logos are available for you to use in your poster and oral presentations:
Oral presentations are normally 12 minutes with 3 minutes for discussion. Data projectors are the standard audiovisual equipment in each oral session. All presenters must upload their PowerPoint presentations online or the day before their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at the meeting to have them pre-loaded on the session computers. Individual presentations then begin with the click of a mouse. View Poster and Oral Presentation Tips (pdf)
Session Presiders: View 2015 Presider Instructions