Abstract Dates & Deadlines
Early abstract deadline: May 22, 6:00 PM ET
Final abstract deadline: June 6, 6:00 PM ET
Program published online: Last week in July*
Abstract editing deadline: August 28**, 6:00 PM ET
View the Program Regulations (PDF)
View Student Competition Descriptions (PDF)
Nonrefundable abstract fees for:
|March 3–May 22
||May 23–June 6
Professional members and all non-members
Graduate and undergraduate student members*
*You must be a student member of the Societies.
Important to know before beginning an abstract submission:
- If your fee is not correct, please email Cassie Mescher at the Headquarters office before making payment.
- You must be a member of CSSA to submit to a CSSA division. You must be a member of at least one of the Societies to receive the student abstract rate.
- Abstracts should be 300 words in length or less.
- Use the printable receipt option in Step #4. Print this receipt and retain for your records. Abstract receipts will not be available through your membership account.
- Credit card payment (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) is required by the abstract deadline or your paper will not be considered for the meeting. Abstract fees are nonrefundable.
- The abstract fee does not register you for the Annual Meetings. View 2013 registration rates.
* Due to member feedback, the abstract deadline will be a month later than the usual timeline. This will allow more time for authors to collect data and submit abstracts. It will also push back the date we're able to notify authors of their presentation time and date.
** Aug. 28 is the abstract editing deadline for the printed program book and abstract CD. After that time, you can make changes to your title, authors, and abstract text which will be reflected in the online program, annual meetings app, and the program addendum.
ASA and CSSA will display posters on a half-size poster board (no larger than 44.5" x 44.5") for one day. SSSA will display posters on a half-size poster board for three days.
All presenters will present for a two hour period on one day. A poster board number will be placed in the upper left corner of the board on a 4½" x 3" card. The poster boards are Velcro friendly. Please bring your own Velcro.
Day Set-up Time* Display time Removal Time
Monday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–6:00 pm 6:00–7:00 pm
Tuesday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–6:00 pm 6:00–7:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00–9:00 am 9:00 am–4:30 pm 4:30–5:30 pm
*Note: posters cannot be set up the previous night.
Look for ASA Community, ASA Section, and CSSA & SSSA Division posters all week near the entrance of the Exhibit Hall to learn more about their activities.
Society Logos for Presentations
ASA, CSSA , and SSSA logos are available for you to use in your poster and oral presentations:
Oral presentations are normally 12 minutes with 3 minutes for discussion. Data projectors are the standard audiovisual equipment in each oral session. All presenters must upload their PowerPoint presentations online or the day before their presentation in the Speaker Ready Room at the meeting to have them pre-loaded on the session computers. Individual presentations then begin with the click of a mouse. View Poster and Oral Presentation Tips (pdf)